Saturday, December 31, 2011

Small painting project

I'm linking this little project to the "Get Your Craft On" Link Party at Today's Creative Blog! Please click through to see loads of great projects!

New Years Eve Day and the rest of my family is enjoying the zombie apocolypse on television ("Walking Dead" marathon - ick!!) so I decided this was the time to paint up my 2012 weekly planner that I use at work. I had brought it home a couple weeks ago and sprayed the black surface with a soft green base color, and had to practice up a little on my "one-stroke" roses. I am terrible about laying out any kind balanced pattern/design, but I think it turned out okay. Here are a few pictures...



Plain green cover, with paints ready to double-load the brush.





Started with the leaves, which fall into the background.






Added roses and "filler flowers," and an attempt at numerals signifying the year in the upper corner. Waiting for the clear coat to dry.




Finished roses!


More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...