Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thrifty joy (or, seek and ye shall find)

After drooling over all the wonderfully creative tablescapes celebrating St. Patrick's day over at this past week's Tablescape Thursday, I was regretting that I didn't have anything that could be construed as shamrocky... or even "green"... to join the holiday fun. I decided that I would look for some thrift-store finds that would be fairly versatile and not overtly "holiday," because St. Patty's isn't a day we really celebrate around here (except for pinching those who forget to wear green!) and I need to be at least somewhat conscious of over-accumulation. (I know.)

I must've carried some of that fabled Irish luck today, because I found just what I was looking for: a set of four salad/luncheon plates with a green pattern that's reminiscent of shamrocks but doesn't scream "St. Patrick's Day." I really like these because I think they can be used for just about anything. They are marked "mse" (Martha Stewart Everyday) and I got a set of 4 for $2.99. Hooray for thrift stores!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...