Thursday, April 7, 2011

More thrifty joy

Just thought I would show you a few of the treasures I've found while "junking" lately - I haven't really been looking for anything specific, just the "I'll know it when I see it" type of stuff.

First, I went to a church rummage sale in my neighborhood and boy, do those ladies know how the meaning of "priced to sell"! I bought this Fall tablecloth for a dollar (I might make some pillows out of it - not sure yet!)...



...and this pretty gold wire-and-bead box (in which I'll be storing some floral notecards) for 50 cents.



Moving on to the Goodwill, I found this gorgeous (and heavy!) blue glass vase, about 10 inches tall, for $1.99...



...this blue Depression Glass toothpick holder in the Moon and Stars pattern for 59 cents...



...and this urn-style vase in a sort of "polished pewter" faux finish, also about 10 inches tall, for $1.99. (This one will be getting a makeover!)



Finally, up the street at the Salvation Army thrift store, I found this pretty faux-silver bon bon dish for $1.59...



...and these darling little heart and cherub figures. They stand about 1.5 inches tall and there are five of each, all ten figures for $1.59. I am not sure but I think possibly they are figures from a Valentine-themed Tic Tac Toe game.



More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...